Monday 9 April 2012

Lemon Butter and Merigues....mmmmmmmm yummmmm

What have you been up to this weekend?

Well I spent Saturday making lemon butter from the lemons off out neighbours tree.  It overhangs the fence and it is just full of lemons at the moment so after (quite) a few pleads from my other half to make some lemon butter I finally got around to it.  I was left with all these egg whites though, and what better to make from egg whites than yummy meringues!!  So I whipped the whites into a frenzy an wola lemon butter and meringues.


Unfortunately I didn't realise the effect that humidity has on meringues, so while they came out of the oven all lovely and crispy within minutes they are like toffee, still yummy though ;)

The weather here is just gorgeous at the moment, if I was anywhere else in the world I'd swear it was spring, the sun's shining, the bird's are singing and there are blossoms everywhere, you can't help but have a smile on you face :), I hope you're enjoying your day where ever you are.

I'm going to be spending a good part of the day trying out a new pattern I got from wewilsons.blogspot.com.au for a purse from a fat quarter.  I love the shape so I hope I can get it to all come together.  Hopefully I'll be able to show you some pictures tomorrow.

Bye for now,

Natski

XOXOX


No comments:

Post a Comment