Thursday 26 April 2012

Busy Little Blogger

Well I've ticked a few things off the list this week.

Finish entry for Feather Your Nest competition on stumbles and stitches - Check
Finish piecing triangles for Jawbreaker Pillow Pattern from Jaybird quilts - Check
Start self portraits for Now You Workshops by shutter sisters - Check.

Wow that's huge for me, so much done and now I'm starting on my order for bibs and table runners, it feels good :)

For the Feather your Nest Comp I made a toaster cosy and I love it.  It turned out just like I imagined it.  I made it completely from scratch did my own measurements and pattern as well as fabric choices.  My favourite colours for accessories for the Kitchen are yellow and red so I used up fabric scraps I had in red orange and yellow to match the kitchen and made three vertical strips.  The base colour is Kona bone and I used up more fabric scraps for the binding and piping.

  I love the way it turned out and it looks fab sitting on the counter in my kitchen.





 I thought I'd share a progress shot of my jawbreaker pillow front, I still have to add the borders and then put it all together.


I loved this pattern as soon as I saw it and I grabbed all the same fabrics used in the cover photo.  It's not perfect but considering I'm just a newbie to the quilting world I'm really happy with how it's looking so far.

I can't wait to get the borders done and finish it all off.













Lastly for today I thought I'd share a few of the photos from my Now You Workshop on self Portraits so far.  The outline for this week is for the little details, getting used to photographing small pieces of ourselves so we can work up to being happy with the complete package.  It's surprising how much easier it feels to me to just grab small bits of yourself rather than a complete photo of your face.  Fingers crossed by the end of the course I won't care either way and I'll have some photos I love and can cherish.




We live less than a block from the beach and we go down there every afternoon.  It's such a great way to recharge and let your stresses just blow way in the breeze.  So I'm sure that the beach is going to pop up a bit in my selfies (as they're called;)).

I hope you got something checked off your list this week too!

Natski

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment